REGISTER TO VOTE
The next election in Jefferson County is the general election November 8, 2016. That will include the President, the WV Congressmen/women we send to Washington DC, the WV state Senators and Delegates we send to Charleston, AND many of our local government officials. YOUR VOTE IS IMPORTANT!Download the General Election “Register to Vote” Handout
• If you are registered but have changed your name;
• If you are registered but have changed your address.
• You must take a photo ID and proof that you live at your address, such as a bill addressed to you at the address.
• Your name as it appears on your West Virginia driver’s license or ID card
• Your date of birth
• Your West Virginia driver’s license or ID card number
• Your last four digits of your Social Security Number
If you do not have a West Virginia driver’s license or ID card number and the last four digits of your Social Security Number, you may not submit your form online, but you may enter your information online to be auto-filled in a voter registration form. Once you submit your information, you may print your form to sign and submit to your County Clerk by mail or in person. If you prefer to complete your voter registration form by hand, you may download a blank voter registration form to mail or deliver in-person.
This candidate information is brought to you by the League of Women Voters of West Virginia as a public service. Candidate responses are printed exactly as received, including spelling, grammar and content. Candidates’ responses were limited to 60 words.
- Voters Primary Election Guide: US House of Representatives May 10, 2016 Primary Election
- Voters General Election Guide: Voters Guide November 8, 2016 General Election
ELECTION SAMPLE BALLOTS
Visit the County Clerk’s “General Election 2016” webpage for local information and sample ballots (when they become available):
- 65th Delegate District Sample Ballot — Polling Places: 2, 3, 4 A&B, 6, 7, 19, 23 A&B, 24, 28
- 66th Delegate District Sample Ballot — Polling Places: 16, 20, 21 A&B, 22, 25 A&B, 26, 27, 29
- 67th Delegate District Sample Ballot — Polling Places: 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 A&B
IMPORTANT ELECTION DATES
- Jan 1 – Nov 2: Uniformed and overseas voters may apply for an absentee ballot. Application form is on County Clerk website.
- Aug 16 – Nov 2: All eligible voters can apply for an absentee ballot by mail. Learn more about voting absentee. Application form is on County Clerk website.
- October 18, 4pm: Deadline to register to vote for the General Election. Register to vote online or by mail.
- Oct 26 – Nov 5: Early Voting at the Courthouse, 9am – 5pm, excluding Sundays.
- November 8: General Election Day.