The League of Women Voters works to encourage informed and active participation in the democratic process through voter registration, education and the promotion of fair, active and open government. The League of Women Voters of Jefferson County, WV neither supports nor opposes candidates but is engaged in local, state, and national issues of importance to our community. We encourage you to explore our website, attend our forums, and become a member.
Our League is involved in several ongoing projects. Please contact the League if you are interested in participating.
- Member engagement with member socials
- Voter participation, turnout, and registration
- Budget 101 and funding growth
- Water resource issues: Protection, Conservation, Utilization
- Money in politics and free speech
- Library Funding: adequate, predictable and sustainable
- Board of Education Excess Levy
- Voter Registration
- Candidate Forums: In carrying out our mission of encouraging informed and active participation in government, the League of Women Voters continues to be key sponsors of candidate debates and forums. When dates have been set, our Calendar will provide details about upcoming local forums.
- November Legislative Breakfast
- Observer Program: The League of Women Voters has been an active champion of openness in government throughout its history. In pursuit of this goal locally, the League of Women Voters of Jefferson County has established an “observer program” to monitor the actions of the county government. Local members have volunteered to attend meetings of the County Commission, the Planning Commission, and the Board of Education. Read more…